Moth Repellent for Oriental Rugs
Moths cause millions of dollars in damage to wool textiles every year. The Cleaning studio can apply a textile- grade moth repellent to help protect your investment.
- Moth larvae will eat a dirty wool rug over clean wool rug.
- Moth lay their larvae in your rugs during the months of May through July in our area
- A moth will lay 40-50 eggs over a 2-3 week period
- The larval period lasts 35 days to 2 1/2 years, eating your wool the entire time
- Only the larvae feed on the wool, not adult moths
Look for moth damage under heavy furniture and areas that are not normally disturbed.