The Cleaning Studio is Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin’s most trusted name in fine rug care.
At The Cleaning Studio, we know that all rugs are unique and that your oriental and area rugs are not just art treasures, they are also very valuable investments. That’s why we clean them with so much care and attention to detail.
What our clients have to say…
We invite you to take a moment to see what our clients are saying about the quality of service and care they have received from The Cleaning Studio and then please contact us to schedule your appointment.
Doesn’t your rug deserve a unique and individual cleaning?
We start by doing a thorough analysis of your rug. The Cleaning Studio will customize the cleaning process for the needs of each individual rug. With patented tools and equipment designed specifically for the cleaning of oriental rugs, we provide a thorough and effective, yet gentle, cleaning process. Depending on the particular fibers, dyes, soils, and construction of the rug, we’ll draw from a wide range of different cleaning techniques.
The Cleaning Studio will customize the cleaning process for the needs of each individual rug. Unlike some other rug cleaning companies:
- We do not use automatic “car wash” style cleaning equipment
- We do not wash your rug with other people’s rugs in tubs that reuse water by using Di-Chlor, a form of chlorine bleach
- We do not use pressure washers that use excessive pressure that could damage a delicate rug.
Why shouldn’t I just clean the rug in my home?
Beware! – Cleaning the rug yourself or hiring a carpet cleaner to clean the rug in your home may seem like an easy task, but take note of these potential issues:
- Incomplete drying could cause foundation to rot or cause mold
- Damage to your floor from trapped moisture from incomplete drying
- Leftover soap residue causing the rug to get dirtier faster
- Area rug may wrinkle from uneven application of water or uneven drying
- Colors could run or bleed (see photos above and below)
- Browning – an area rug may be prone to cellulosic browning
The rug below is a great example of a rug that was improperly identified, tested and cleaned by a carpet cleaning company, notice the dye bleed. This rug was sent to Colorful Carpet for color restoration.